Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thoughts about the baby :)

Does anyone want to know what we will name our baby?? Or do you think it's a little early for that?

Well, we've had the boy name picked out since we were in high school. I still remember sitting in my car in David's parents' barnyard having this discussion when I was 17. We came up with Levi Reuben. I think Dave said it first and I loved it. And God confirmed it one night probably about 5 years ago. I woke up in the middle of the night and felt I should read Joshua 13 or 14 or something like that. In the passage that I read, it talked about the tribes of Levi and Reuben right together like that. The name means "two come together and Behold: a son" or something like that. Perfect, huh? Didn't realize that meaning until about a year ago.

And Dave just recently (probably 6 months ago...?) came up with the girl name. Sadie Lizabeth. I love it. It means "God's princess". I love Elizabeth and always thought about naming a baby girl that and calling her Betsy but I really like Sadie even more. And if we go with Sadie Elizabeth, there's too many "e" sounds right in a row, so we will shorten it to Lizabeth. (Erica, if you're reading this, we don't mean to copy off Molly's middle name, but...)

So we are trying to decide what to call our baby right now since we don't know the sex, and won't find out till it's born. So far we call it "it" or "the baby"...Saturday I said we could combine Sadie and Levi into one name for now. We got Ledie (the name of my Dad's aunt...so still too feminine) and Savi (sounds like some sort of discount store like Sav-A-Lot.) I'm not sure I like either of those names. So we're still working on that.

I had a rough day yesterday. I woke up for the second time in the past couple weeks with really bad cramps (well, more like sharp stabbing pains) at like 4:30 in the morning. I prayed very hard that it was just something normal and not something wrong with the baby. The pain went away pretty soon, thankfully. Nevertheless, I was determined to rest as much as possible when I got done babysitting yesterday. So I took a nap when I got home, before dinner, and then slept 11 hours last night. I feel a lot better today.

I can not imagine if something happened to our baby right now. I would be so terribly heartbroken!!! I'm sure that God would help me through it but it would be so hard. And I'm only about 7 weeks along. But this little life is so real to me. I talk to the baby as if it is already here. (I know, I'm a little crazy...I make it talk to David at night before bed, and in the mornings...it says "goodnight Daddy" and "good morning Daddy"..."thanks for working so hard Daddy", etc.) I think it would be so horrible to lose a baby. Or a child no matter what age. My one grandma lost her baby a few minutes after it was born and my other grandma's son died when he was 23. I can't imagine the sadness and pain they each would have felt. Or anyone for that matter. I am already so attached to this little life.

1 comment:

  1. haha, how funny as I was reading it, I was thinking, 'hey that's Molly's name!' then you mentioned me! It's a great name, eh?! It's actually my mom's middle name which is why we chose it. I love your name choices! I think God has shown you the name Levi, I bet you're having a boy!
    Cramping is normal..sharp cramping..not always, so NEVER hesitate to call your Dr. that's what they are there for!! Of course, I'll be praying that the baby grows healthy and strong. That baby is a gift from God and I know he will let that baby grow, grow, grow!!! Oh...food and smells always bothered me at the beginning too...hopefully you don't puke!Can't wait to see some belly pics...post some soon!

    ReplyDelete